Choosing the Right Respirator Face Mask for Mold Removal
All mold cleanup projects require safety equipment, with respirator face masks being key instruments of protection. If you plan on tackling such a job yourself, do you know which option is best for you.
Types of Respirator Masks
Here are some of the best-reviewed respirator masks on the market today, all of which have pros and cons:
- GVS’s SPR456 Elipse P100 Dust Half Mask Respirator – comes with a carrying case and storage bag, but utilizes a confusing sizing system
- 3M’s Mold Removal Respirator – features a four-point harness for extra comfort, but does not come with filters
- RNF’s Supply Disposable Mask Particulate Breathing Respirator – these inexpensive, one-use masks cannot be adjusted
- Zelbuck’s Respirator Mask – can work with other brand filters, but takes some wearing before feeling comfortable
- Gerson’s Mold Remediation Respirator – made of silicone for extra durability and lighter weight, yet has flimsy filter connectors
This is, by no means, an exhaustive list and should only be used to illustrate the variety of choice in respirator face masks available to mold sufferers in Brenham, TX. Whatever you decide upon, the selection you make will have significant impact upon the ease and effectiveness of your mold damage removal productivity.
Selecting a Respirator Mask
Weigh your preferences when considering what type of mask will work best for you. Is a disposable face mask the most cost-effective choice or would a more durable respirator save the maximum amount of money? Also, contemplate how many units you will ultimately need to purchase. How can you know a respirator mask feels comfortable if you are unable to try any on before buying? Most importantly, have you checked the safety rating of the equipment you are thinking about using? An excellent way to avoid confusion altogether is by contacting a mold removal service that can handle the entire task for you.
Use of proper protective equipment is mandatory for any mold eradication project. If ever you feel unsure of which can help you get the job done safely, comfortably and affordably, remove all guesswork and simply hire an expert.