Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
A Few Do's and Don'ts
After a water leak or flooding of any size, your primary concern should be you and others' safety on your Bryan, TX, property. Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns, it is important to be careful. Wet materials can also be VERY heavy and difficult to move, practice caution. Don't hesitate and call SERVPRO of Brazos Valley as quickly as possible following a water loss. Our crew is dedicated to making your water damage "Like it never even happened."
Available around the clock, 365 days a year - call us today!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (979) 779-3333
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.